4 Step Process Kit: Ancient Egypt (PD413)
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
The Ancient Egyptian civilization is a fascinating topic and a very popular unit of study here at Lifelong Literacy. To aid our lessons, we have composed a bank of fifteen words and their families to help our students deepen their understanding of the subject and of the related words within.
The 4-Step Process is a method of teaching permanent word storage and increasing knowledge of the writing system. At Lifelong Literacy, this comes down to four consistent steps. This is the 4-Step Process.
Words are abstract concepts that have several forms. They are not shapes to be coloured in, or collections of sticks and curves to be written over and over again. If you are advising a child to write a word repeatedly in an attempt to get them to remember it, then perhaps today is the day you start to replace that technique with something much better.
It starts by taking four steps, all of which are explained in this kit.
Your kit contains:
- printable templates to help with your lesson planning
- student worksheet templates
- etymological and orthographic notes on ancient Egypt
- a pre-planned set of sheets showing the 4-Step Process for the words spelling ancient, archaeology, balm, bury, civil, dynasty, Egypt, govern, hieroglyph, pharaoh, pyramid, sarcophagus, sphinx, tomb, worship, and words in their families.
AGE GROUP FOR MAINSTREAM SCHOOL POPULATIONS
The word and world-knowledge required for this unit of study would be no earlier than Grade 4 (fifth year of formal schooling).
FOR INTERVENTION STUDENTS
Select the words that students find tricky and work on them.
WANT MORE KITS?
LIKE THE KITS? DO THE COURSE!
We know that orthographic mapping, the process of storing words in long-term memory happens best if words are driven via the phonological route. Now what? How do we make that happen for the tens of thousands of words out there?
By taking four steps:
In this self-paced online course, Lyn will take you through the four steps she uses in her practice to study words. She will use a variety of words, from simple to complex to demonstrate how the 4 Step Process can be used with students of all ages and abilities.
- The ability to study any English word in a useful, memorable way
- A deeper understanding of the process of orthographic mapping
- Greater skill in reaching students with dyslexia and other language-based disorders
- Once registration is complete, we will send you an invitation from Open Learning.
- Once you have registered with Open Learning, you will be able to access the course.
- Once you have started the course, you will have six weeks to access the course modules.
- The modules will take the form of re-playable videos, downloadable pdf files, quizzes and forums for queries and sharing.
- You will receive a certificate for 2 hours of professional development.
IMPORTANT ORDERING INFORMATION
When you place your order, you will see a confirmation screen. Your download is on that screen and you will also be sent an email with your download, so please check your junk filters. If you didn’t get the email, it’s you, not us. This is an automated system that doesn’t make errors.
Here’s what your confirmation screen looks like:
Here’s what your email looks like, so you get a second chance to download the material, just click the link:
If you are still having bother, do contact us and we’ll help you.