4-Step Process Kit: Colours/Colors (PD387)
The 4-Step Process is a method of teaching permanent word storage and increasing knowledge of the writing system. At Lifelong Literacy, this comes down to four consistent steps. This is the 4-step process. Words are abstract concepts that have several forms. They are not shapes to be coloured in, or collections of sticks and curves to be written over and over again. If you are advising a child to write a word repeatedly in an attempt to get them to remember it, then perhaps today is the day you start to replace that technique with something much better. It starts by taking four steps, all of which are explained in this kit. Note: Prices are inclusive of 10% Goods and Services Tax (GST) for all Australian residents. You will also have:
- printable templates to help with your lesson planning
- student worksheet templates
- etymological and orthographic notes on colour/color words
- a pre-planned set of sheets showing the 4-Step Process for yellow, blue, purple, orange, green, brown, white, black and grey/gray
- The ability to study any English word in a useful, memorable way
- A deeper understanding of the process of orthographic mapping
- Greater skill in reaching students with dyslexia and other language-based disorders
- Once registration is complete, we will send you an invitation from Open Learning.
- Once you have registered with Open Learning, you will be able to access the course.
- Once you have started the course, you will have six weeks to access the course modules.
- The modules will take the form of re-playable videos, downloadable pdf files, quizzes and forums for queries and sharing.
- You will receive a certificate for 2 hours of professional development.
If Paying by Invoice
Please choose the invoice option and we will send you an invoice. To ensure your place, you will have seven days from invoice date to pay.