4 Step Process Kit: The Days of the Week (PD394)
The 4-Step Process is a method of teaching permanent word storage and increasing knowledge of the writing system. At Lifelong Literacy, this comes down to four consistent steps. This is the 4-Step Process.
Words are abstract concepts that have several forms. They are not shapes to be coloured in, or collections of sticks and curves to be written over and over again. If you are advising a child to write a word repeatedly in an attempt to get them to remember it, then perhaps today is the day you start to replace that technique with something much better.
It starts by taking four steps, all of which are explained in this kit.
Note: Prices are inclusive of 10% Goods and Services Tax (GST) for all Australian residents.
You will also have:
- printable templates to help with your lesson planning
- student worksheet templates
- etymological and orthographic notes on the names for the days of the week, including how they’re written in other languages
- a pre-planned set of sheets showing the 4-Step Process for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday
AGE GROUP FOR MAINSTREAM SCHOOL POPULATIONS
According to our spelling scope and sequence (see the Spelling for Life Online Course), the spelling of colour/color words should be known by children by the end of their third year of formal schooling.
FOR INTERVENTION STUDENTS
Select the weekday words that students find tricky and work on them.
PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY
When you buy this product, you will receive an email with a link to the pdf download of this kit. To help stop unauthorised copying and distribution, you are permitted to download this kit to your computer ONCE. Please make sure you save that copy to your hard drive for future use, as you will not be able to download it again once you’ve clicked on the link in your order email. It’s a one-time link! Thank you!
Also, if you are using our 4-Step Process kits and worksheets, please remember to keep our logo there so that others may find us and benefit from our work.
WANT MORE KITS?
LIKE THE KIT? DO THE COURSE!
We know that orthographic mapping, the process of storing words in long-term memory happens best if words are driven via the phonological route. Now what? How do we make that happen for the tens of thousands of words out there?
By taking four steps:
In this self-paced online course, Lyn will take you through the four steps she uses in her practice to study words. She will use a variety of words, from simple to complex to demonstrate how the 4 Step Process can be used with students of all ages and abilities.
- The ability to study any English word in a useful, memorable way
- A deeper understanding of the process of orthographic mapping
- Greater skill in reaching students with dyslexia and other language-based disorders
- Once registration is complete, we will send you an invitation from Open Learning.
- Once you have registered with Open Learning, you will be able to access the course.
- Once you have started the course, you will have six weeks to access the course modules.
- The modules will take the form of re-playable videos, downloadable pdf files, quizzes and forums for queries and sharing.
- You will receive a certificate for 2 hours of professional development.
If Paying by Invoice
Please choose the invoice option and we will send you an invoice. To ensure your place, you will have seven days from invoice date to pay.