Christmas 4 Step Process Kit (PD441)
It’s the season of good cheer! Christmas celebrations go back a long way in human history, and were originally to celebrate the feast of the winter solstice. Various mythical figures have been associated with celebrations around that time and many different cultures have different stories and traditions surrounding this time of year.
We have chosen 15 interesting words to study here; some for their spelling, some for the opportunity for vocabulary enrichment. They are:
chimney, Christmas, decorate, festive, family, feast, merry, ornament, reindeer, sleigh, wreath, present, turkey, tradition, and holiday
Download them and start teaching today!
Note: Prices are inclusive of 10% Goods and Services Tax (GST) for all Australian residents.
AGE GROUP FOR MAINSTREAM SCHOOL POPULATIONS
The word and world-knowledge required for this unit of study would be no earlier than Grade 4 (fifth year of formal schooling).
FOR INTERVENTION STUDENTS
Select the words that students find tricky and work on them.
WANT MORE KITS?
Click here for the Ancient Egypt kit
Click here for the Olympics kit
LIKE THE KITS? DO THE COURSE!
We know that orthographic mapping, the process of storing words in long-term memory happens best if words are driven via the phonological route. Now what? How do we make that happen for the tens of thousands of words out there?
By taking four steps:
In this self-paced online course, Lyn will take you through the four steps she uses in her practice to study words. She will use a variety of words, from simple to complex to demonstrate how the 4 Step Process can be used with students of all ages and abilities.
- The ability to study any English word in a useful, memorable way
- A deeper understanding of the process of orthographic mapping
- Greater skill in reaching students with dyslexia and other language-based disorders
- Once registration is complete, we will send you an invitation from Open Learning.
- Once you have registered with Open Learning, you will be able to access the course.
- Once you have started the course, you will have six weeks to access the course modules.
- The modules will take the form of re-playable videos, downloadable pdf files, quizzes and forums for queries and sharing.
- You will receive a certificate for 2 hours of professional development.
IMPORTANT ORDERING INFORMATION
When you place your order, you will see a confirmation screen. Your download is on that screen and you will also be sent an email with your download, so please check your junk filters. If you didn’t get the email, it’s you, not us. This is an automated system that doesn’t make errors.
Here’s what your confirmation screen looks like:
Here’s what your email looks like, so you get a second chance to download the material, just click the link:
If you are still having bother, do contact us and we’ll help you.
If Paying by Invoice
Please choose the invoice option and we will send you an invoice. To ensure your place, you will have seven days from invoice date to pay.