FREE webinar: Digraphs in Depth
Join Lyn Stone for a free 1 hour webinar on digraphs in general and vowel digraphs in particular. There are a few misconceptions about vowel digraphs out there that bear some correcting. One is the concept of the ‘split digraph’. Lyn explains why she doesn’t use this terminology and provides an alternative model of approaching vowel digraphs that is linguistically accurate. If you are the owner of Spelling for Life, you will know this as the Vowel Generator. This webinar takes you through that and more, to offer insight into the real structure of English words, so that you can then deliver accurate, memorable spelling lessons to your students. When: 11am Melbourne Australia time MEDIUM: Zoom – you can download the Zoom app at www.zoom.us You will need:
- A stable internet connection
- Sound and vision on your device
- The ability to join Zoom conferences (www.zoom.us)
- You will receive an invitation to join the meeting around 2 hours prior to commencement – please make sure that our email address is on your whitelist. We send from @wordpress-1084403-3793187.cloudwaysapps.com. If you do not hear from us 2 hours prior to the webinar, please check the email address you signed up with (one small error means you won’t hear from us), also check your spam filters and junk email box.
- Please check your timezone. We are located in Australia, about as far away from Greenwich as you can be, which basically means we are ahead of you in time. So if the webinar is advertised on a Saturday, it might be Friday for you. It definitely won’t be Sunday (unless you’re in New Zealand). A good plan is to punch Melbourne into your weather app on your phone. It will tell you what time it is here at all times.
- We mute your microphone when you join us, because we’re usually hosting hundreds of people, and all the clicking in the background gets very, noisy very fast. Please don’t unmute yourself unless we are in question time at the end. If you unmute prior to this and we can’t override it, we will have no choice but to put you into the waiting room.
- If you are having trouble seeing or hearing us during the webinar, I’m afraid we can’t stop the webinar to help you out. It is almost certainly something on your end. We would be sorry to see you go during the webinar, but sometimes that’s all that is possible. Please try not to send messages about not being able to hear or see us, there’s nothing we can do and it interrupts the webinar for everyone else, such is tech. This is why we record the webinar and make it available afterwards, just in case the tech gods have decreed that you can’t join in today.
- We also make the pdf slides available after the webinar on our website under the ‘Resources’ tab.
- If you’re unfamiliar with Zoom, give it a low-stakes go first so you know a little bit about what is and isn’t possible. Call up a relative or a friend and mess about. It’s quite simple once you get to know it and being familiar with it prior to the webinar will make it so much more enjoyable for you.
If Paying by Invoice
Please choose the invoice option and we will send you an invoice. To ensure your place, you will have seven days from invoice date to pay.