Grammar beyond naming/doing/describing: Learn how Lyn and the Lifelong Literacy team introduce and practise parts of speech and syntax with their students.
In this course, learn how to define and teach:
- prepositions and
using a straightforward, logical marking system.
- Increased ability to explain how words work together
- The ability to use teaching tools that make grammar logical
- Confidence in establishing useful terms with students for feedback and discussion
- Open Learning self-paced platform (full instructions re how to log in and navigate given on registration)
- Video-recorded presentation for play and replay at your own pace
- Session slides pdf
- Helpful handout for notes and key points
- Worksheets to use with your students
You will receive:
- Access to the course and materials for six weeks once you log on
- Real-time moderation of questions and comments by Lyn and the Lifelong Literacy team
- A certificate for two hours of professional development
IMPORTANT NOTE ON COURSE ACCESS
Course access is for six weeks from first login. First login is not the day you bought the course, first log in is when you went to Open Learning (our learning management system) and clicked on the link that took you to the actual course. That’s when your time starts to count down. Six weeks from that moment, your access will cease. Theoretically, you could buy the course and keep it on the back-burner for years without losing your access. But the moment you become an active user on Open Learning, is the moment your clock starts ticking. We are charged per user, so we have to time-limit your access. If you find that you need to extend your access, you can purchase extensions, month by month, for AUD$20 using this link.