I want to teach grammar: where do I start?
Every English poet should master the rules of grammar before he attempts to break them.
At my practice, we have always had enormous fun with lessons about word power. The fact that my students have returned week after week makes me think that they have had fun learning it.
As usual, tailor-making programs for hundreds of students began to grow into something else. All the facts were distilled and became a useful program. I’ve called it Language For Life.
By the end of this six-hour PD, you should:
- be able to define the six main parts of speech and show how they relate to one another in sentences,
- know how to teach all the parts of a dictionary to students,
- have an understanding of prefixes, bases and suffixes.
DATE: Saturday March 20th 2021 9am-3:30pm
VENUE: TBA, Hobart CBD or surrounds
Morning tea and lunch included.
- a 40 page worksheet resource,
- a cumulative guide to implementing each lesson, with scripts and teacher notes
- opportunities to purchase Lyn Stone’s books at discount
…or we can come to you!
To book an on-site Language for Life workshop for your school, please contact us.