Mentoring session with Lyn Stone
Whether you’re a sole practitioner with your own tutoring business, a teacher wanting to do your best for your students, or an education professional developing resources for learning, there are times when you might need an objective view.
Booking a mentoring session with Lyn Stone could be just the help you need to get your ideas in order and your resources lined up.
Note: Prices are inclusive of 10% Goods and Services Tax (GST) for all Australian residents.
How it works:
- Use this order form to securely purchase a session.
- Indicate in the notes some preferred days and times in the coming fortnight.
- Our office manager will try to book you in for one of those times, but failing that, will offer some alternatives.
- We will send you a Zoom link once a time has been agreed upon.
To make things run smoothly:
- Have an agenda: Write down all your questions first and put them in order of priority.
- If you have questions about specific students, Lyn can’t do much answering without case history, standardised spelling and reading scores, and seeing their (unedited) writing, so if that’s what you want her to spend time on, do have those things at the ready. Lyn cannot pre-read this information in her own time. The time you booked is the time that Lyn is available to look this information through.
- If you have questions about texts and resources, please specify these at time of booking. Lyn can only comment on resources she has or is trained in. If you would like to send her books to review, you may need to book several hours so that Lyn can read it/them. If you would like her to review games, apps or other computer-based resources, you will need to give her full access and book several hours.
Some details about sessions:
- Mentoring sessions last for 60 minutes. Lyn will not be able to pre-read anything prior to the session. Lyn will not be able to follow up once the session has ended. The time you book is the time Lyn can work on your project.
- If you are late for the session or forget to attend, your booking will be forfeited. You will not be entitled to a refund under any circumstances, so please book carefully and set reminders.
- In the last ten minutes of the session, Lyn will start to wind things up by summarising what you have spoken about and will send any links or documents that have arisen in the session that might be helpful. When the 60th minute has arrived, Lyn will log out of the session.
- If you feel you need more time, you may want to consider booking a discounted package of sessions so that you have continuity. The package link is here.
Looking forward to talking with you soon!
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
Language for Life Segments series: 7 segment package (PD438)AUD $324.50 Add to cart
Language for Life Segments: Prepositions – Jan 19 2022 (PD436)
Every time I do a Language for Life workshop, I can’t help wishing we had more time. The parts of speech are so interesting, so dynamic, I feel like we’re only scratching the surface sometimes.
So let’s split each major word category into seven segments:
Saturday Spelling Symposium: Word Study with the 4-Step Process (PD408)
View my 90 minute symposium on the process, the dos and don’ts of word lists and a whole wealth of resources to take back to the classroom and supercharge your word study lessons. We will cover five different word forms in one process, focusing on one form at a time.