Saturday Spelling Symposium 1: Broken Rules and Word Stories (PD400)
THIS SYMPOSIUM WILL BECOME AN ONLINE COURSE IN THE NEAR FUTURE. PLEASE CHECK BACK FOR NEWS ON THAT.
Broken Rules and Word Stories: The 7 main reasons for irregular spellings and how to teach them
An introduction to the very joyous fact that through seven major paths, the vast majority of English words are predictable, explicable and easily organized.
Instead of sheepishly sweeping spelling exceptions under the carpet, this symposium provides a means of celebrating so-called irregular words.
Resources: lesson plan, printable worksheet and example lesson
- 90 minutes live with Lyn Stone via Zoom.
- Live Q&A session addressing questions arising prior to and during the presentation
- Digital handouts delivered prior to symposium
- Time-limited recording made available to all who register. Recordings will be available for two weeks after the event takes place.
- Announcement of the subject of the next symposium with exclusive discounted ticketing option for attendees
Spelling for Life: Uncovering the simplicity and science of spelling
Important registration information
When you buy this product, you will be taken to a confirmation page. It will look like this:
If you do not receive it within 30 minutes of buying this product, please check two things:
- Your junk folders
- The email address you used on your registration
If all of that still yields nothing, then please contact us and we’ll help you out.