Spelling for Life Live Workshop Auckland (PD455)
WHEN: Thursday September 22nd 9:00am – 3pm
WHERE: Auckland CBD. Venue to be announced.
WHAT: We will cover:
- Orthographic mapping
- Rule-breaking words and the real reasons they do this
- Vowels and consonants, with attention to NZ dialects
- The Letter Y
- Morphemes and spelling
- All your questions re tricky words and spelling patterns
- A guide to our K-6 Spelling and Handwriting scope and sequence document
Included in the workshop price:
- A copy of the Spelling for Life paperback. If you already own one, we can exchange it for Reading for Life or Language for Life
- Morning tea and delicious lunch (dietary needs catered for)
You’ll also get links to:
- Optional pre-workshop videos on chapters not covered on the day
- A downloadable handout with printable worksheets to keep forever
- A PowerPoint presentation for immediate classroom use
- An online resources hub containing relevant information, free videos and and links to anything we talk about during the day
PLEASE NOTE: We offer a 10% discount for school teams of over 5 people. Please contact us to enquire.
If Paying by Invoice
Please choose the invoice option and we will send you an invoice. To ensure your place, you will have seven days from invoice date to pay.
Some recent feedback from teachers recently completing the course:
Discounts for multiple courses!
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
Reading for Life One-Day Live Workshop Feb 22 2023 Brisbane (PD474)
Get the information you need to help deliver high quality literacy instruction for all students. This accessible guide bridges the gap between research and practice, translating academic findings into practical suggestions and ready-to-use techniques.
Science of Learning, Reading and Writing Masterclass 3, August/September 2022 (PD461)
Six speakers, six talks and one online course. We have selected the theme of change and a panel of change-makers to speak about how to make change possible. No matter where you are on your science of learning/science of reading journey, this course will help broaden and deepen your knowledge on some of the most important ideas in education.
Join us live on consecutive evenings. You then get to revisit the material in a dynamic online course where you can collaborate with others, consolidate your knowledge and take your time over the material.