Spelling for Life Live Workshop NYC (PD469)
WHEN: Monday October 17 9:00am – 3pm
WHERE: New York City (TBA)
PRESENTER: Lyn Stone, educational linguist and head of practice at Lifelong Literacy
COST: AUD$375 – We are based in Australia, so our prices are in Australian currency. The currency converter on this site will give you an indication of the US$ price, but the transaction will occur in AU$.
WHAT: We will cover:
- Orthographic mapping
- Rule-breaking words and the real reasons they do this
- The difference between vowels and consonants
- The Letter Y
- Morphemes and spelling
- All your questions re tricky words and spelling patterns
- A guide to our K-6 Spelling and Handwriting scope and sequence document
Included in the workshop price:
- Morning snack and delicious lunch (dietary needs catered for)
- Optional pre-workshop videos on chapters not covered on the day
- A downloadable handout with printable worksheets to keep forever
- A PowerPoint presentation for immediate classroom use
- An online resources hub containing relevant information, free videos and and links to anything we talk about during the day
PLEASE NOTE: We offer a 10% discount for school teams of over 5 people. Please contact us to enquire.
If Paying by Invoice
Please choose the invoice option and we will send you an invoice. To ensure your place, you will have seven days from invoice date to pay.
About Lyn Stone
Lyn is an educational linguist and author. She lives and works in Victoria, Australia where she runs her consultancy and tutoring practice, Lifelong Literacy.
Lyn creates research-informed professional development seminars for teachers and other education professionals. She is a sought-after public speaker and regularly makes appearances at conferences and on live radio.
Her goal is to help teachers awaken linguistic curiosity in their students using creative, engaging tools and strategies that are based upon scientific consensus as to what constitutes best practice.
Lyn has extensive classroom-teaching experience and is regularly employed by schools on a contractual basis to provide specialist literacy education for groups of at-risk students as well as training for teachers.
Her three books and courses, Spelling for Life, Language for Life and Reading for Life have attracted worldwide acclaim.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
Reading for Life One-Day Live Workshop Oct 26 2022 St John NB (PD467)
Get the information you need to help deliver high quality literacy instruction for all students. This accessible guide bridges the gap between research and practice, translating academic findings into practical suggestions and ready-to-use techniques.
Writing for Life one day workshop Christchurch Sept 19 (PD458)
How to teach high quality writing for primary school students.
Language for Life Segments series: 7 segment package (PD438)AUD $324.50 Add to cart