Spelling for Life Live Workshop Toronto (PD466)
WHEN: Monday October 24 9:00am – 3pm
WHERE: Toronto (TBA)
PRESENTER: Lyn Stone, educational linguist and head of practice at Lifelong Literacy
COST: AUD$375 – We are based in Australia, so our prices are in Australian currency. Fortunately, AUD and CAD are very alike, though we are somewhat at the mercy of exchange rates. PayPal is probably the best method of payment, followed by overseas bank deposit. We can help with all of that.
WHAT: We will cover:
- Orthographic mapping
- Rule-breaking words and the real reasons they do this
- The difference between vowels and consonants
- The Letter Y
- Morphemes and spelling
- All your questions re tricky words and spelling patterns
- A guide to our K-6 Spelling and Handwriting scope and sequence document
Included in the workshop price:
- Morning snack and delicious lunch (dietary needs catered for)
- Optional pre-workshop videos on chapters not covered on the day
- A downloadable handout with printable worksheets to keep forever
- A PowerPoint presentation for immediate classroom use
- An online resources hub containing relevant information, free videos and and links to anything we talk about during the day
- OPTIONAL: You can pre-order a Spelling for Life book for collection on the day (RRP CAD$50 until September 23 2022).
PLEASE NOTE: We offer a 10% discount for school teams of over 5 people. Please contact us to enquire.
If Paying by Invoice
Please choose the invoice option and we will send you an invoice. To ensure your place, you will have seven days from invoice date to pay.
About Lyn Stone
Lyn is an educational linguist and author. She lives and works in Victoria, Australia where she runs her consultancy and tutoring practice, Lifelong Literacy.
Lyn creates research-informed professional development seminars for teachers and other education professionals. She is a sought-after public speaker and regularly makes appearances at conferences and on live radio.
Her goal is to help teachers awaken linguistic curiosity in their students using creative, engaging tools and strategies that are based upon scientific consensus as to what constitutes best practice.
Lyn has extensive classroom-teaching experience and is regularly employed by schools on a contractual basis to provide specialist literacy education for groups of at-risk students as well as training for teachers.
Her three books and courses, Spelling for Life, Language for Life and Reading for Life have attracted worldwide acclaim.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
Writing for Life one day workshop Wellington Sept 21 (PD459)
How to teach high quality writing for primary school students.
Language for Life Segments: Conjunctions – Jan 26 2022 (PD437)
Every time I do a Language for Life workshop, I can’t help wishing we had more time. The parts of speech are so interesting, so dynamic, I feel like we’re only scratching the surface sometimes.
So let’s split each major word category into seven segments: