Spelling for Life Live Workshop Vancouver (PD477)
WHEN: Saturday October 29 9:00am – 3pm
WHERE: Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre – and live-streamed online.
ALSO: We are offering virtual access for those who will find it difficult to travel to Vancouver. Why do we not discount the virtual ticket? That’s a good question but we would ask you to consider this:
Travel, room-hire and accommodation remain at the same cost to us whether virtual or not. Having different costs for the same event is also very complex and not recommended in light of past events where this was attempted. If a virtual experience is what you are after, both Spelling for Life and Writing for Life also have asynchronous online versions that are cheaper. Perhaps you might want to consider those.
WHAT: We will cover:
- Orthographic mapping
- Rule-breaking words and the real reasons they do this
- The difference between vowels and consonants
- The Letter Y
- Morphemes and spelling
- All your questions re tricky words and spelling patterns
- A guide to our K-6 Spelling and Handwriting scope and sequence document
Included in the workshop price:
- Morning snack and delicious lunch (dietary needs catered for if possible)
- Optional pre-workshop videos on chapters not covered on the day
- A downloadable handout with printable worksheets to keep forever
- A PowerPoint presentation for immediate classroom use
- An online resources hub containing relevant information, free videos and and links to anything we talk about during the day
PLEASE NOTE: We offer a 10% discount for school teams of over 5 people. Please contact us to enquire.
If Paying by Invoice
Please choose the invoice option and we will send you an invoice. To ensure your place, you will have seven days from invoice date to pay.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
Science of Learning, Reading and Writing Masterclass II, May/June 2022 (PD442)
Three speakers, six talks and one online course. We have selected three ‘non-negotiable’ principles that teachers will benefit from knowing. No matter where you are on your science of learning/science of reading journey, this course will help broaden and deepen your knowledge on some of the most important ideas in education.
Join us as we launch our first ever series of teaching and learning masterclasses. You then get to revisit the material in a dynamic online course where you can collaborate with others, consolidate your knowledge and take your time over the material.
Language for Life Segments: Conjunctions – Jan 26 2022 (PD437)
Every time I do a Language for Life workshop, I can’t help wishing we had more time. The parts of speech are so interesting, so dynamic, I feel like we’re only scratching the surface sometimes.
So let’s split each major word category into seven segments: