We know that orthographic mapping, the process of storing words in long-term memory happens best if words are driven via the phonological route. Now what? How do we make that happen for the tens of thousands of words out there?
By taking four steps:
In this self-paced online course, Lyn will take you through the four steps she uses in her practice to study words. She will use a variety of words, from simple to complex to demonstrate how the 4 Step Process can be used with students of all ages and abilities.
- The ability to study any English word in a useful, memorable way
- A deeper understanding of the process of orthographic mapping
- Greater skill in reaching students with dyslexia and other language-based disorders
- Once registration is complete, we will send you an invitation from Open Learning.
- Once you have registered with Open Learning, you will be able to access the course.
- Once you have started the course, you will have six weeks to access the course modules.
- The modules will take the form of re-playable videos, downloadable pdf files, quizzes and forums for queries and sharing.
- You will receive a certificate for 2 hours of professional development.