Tutors are in demand!
Lifelong Literacy has grown from a one-person, part-time tutoring business to a full time, 7-person tutoring team in just a few short years.
Q. What has caused this success?
A. High quality systems and a low-variance approach.
We live in times where demand for tutoring is at an all-time high. We have a responsibility to make the delivery of extra support for struggling children the highest quality it can be. If you are considering taking up tutoring, this course will tell you what you need to know in order to deliver high quality Tier 2 and Tier 3 intervention.
Lyn would like to share her tips for successful tutoring sessions both online and face to face. All activities are aligned with the Science of Reading and the Science of Learning.
In this workshop we will cover:
- Memory and processing – what you can and can’t change, including working memory, processing speed and phonological awareness
- How to build a tailor-made bridge to the curriculum for your student using spelling, general and writing knowledge
- Practice and progress: how to coach carers and how to assess and track progress
- Behaviour management and how it saves you time and energy
- Free/low cost, high quality resources
- A way to stand out when applying for tutoring positions
- Improved confidence in your skill as a tutor
- Faster progress for your students
- Access to resources that work
You will receive:
- An Education Strategy Summary template to help plan out short and long term goals
- A spelling, general and writing knowledge manual with tips and worksheets to target these crucial areas
- Suggested scripts and form letters for teachers and carers to help set out behaviour and practice boundaries right from the start
- A certificate of completion for 3 hours of professional learning
- Live via Zoom
- Digital support downloads to keep and refer to forever are included in the course
Date: Saturday October 23 9:30am – 12:30pm Melbourne time.
THIS IS A ONE-OFF. NO RECORDING WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE.
If asynchronous is what you want, please enrol on the online course. If you are unable to attend on the day, your registration will be transferred to the online course. All sales are final.
Lockdown discount does not apply to this course, since it is so low in cost to begin with.