Tutoring for Life Online Course (PD375)
Bonus live webinar on April 20th 2023
We are delighted to be working on updating all the videos and resources for all our online courses this year.
For every course, we will be re-recording a new webinar.
Tutoring for Life will have a new recording made on May 18th, 2023 from 4pm-6pm Melbourne time.
We will then extend your access for another six weeks after May 18th so that you can download and digest everything new!
Get ready to stand out from the crowd!
Lifelong Literacy has grown from a one-person, part-time tutoring business to a full time, multiple-person tutoring team in just a few short years. Our results with students are outstanding.
Q. What has caused this success?
A. High quality systems and a low-variance approach.
We live in times where demand for tutoring is at an all-time high.
We have a responsibility to make the delivery of extra support for struggling children the highest quality it can be.
If you are considering taking up tutoring, this training will make you stand out from the crowd.
Lyn Stone and her team would like to share her tips for successful tutoring sessions both online and face to face.
All activities are aligned with the Science of Reading and the Science of Learning.
Note: Prices are inclusive of 10% Goods and Services Tax (GST) for all Australian residents.
In this workshop we will cover:
- Memory and processing – what you can and can’t change, including working memory, processing speed and phonological awareness
- How to build a tailor-made bridge to the curriculum for your student using spelling, general and writing knowledge
- Practice and progress: how to coach carers and how to assess and track progress
- Behaviour management and how it saves you time and energy
- Free/low cost, high quality resources
We will not be covering business structure. We will recommend some organisational tools, but our pricing, staff pay, accounting tools etc. are not going to be discussed.
- A way to stand out when applying for tutoring positions
- Improved confidence in your skill as a tutor
- Faster progress for your students
- Access to resources that work
You will receive:
- An Education Strategy Summary template to help plan out short and long term goals
- A spelling, general and writing knowledge manual with tips and worksheets to target these crucial areas
- Suggested scripts and form letters for teachers and carers to help set out behaviour and practice boundaries right from the start
- Access to forums where you can share and collaborate with other tutors
- A certificate of completion for 4 hours of professional learning
- Fully online and self-paced course modules containing videos, quizzes, forums and pdf files
- The Lifelong Literacy team will be moderating this course, so your questions will be answered by real people in real time
- Digital support downloads to keep and refer to forever are included in the course
- From first log in, you will have six weeks to complete the course
IMPORTANT NOTE ON COURSE ACCESS
Course access is for six weeks. If you find that you need to extend your access, you can purchase extensions, month by month, for AUD$20 using this link.
If Paying by Invoice
Please choose the invoice option and we will send you an invoice. To ensure your place, you will have seven days from invoice date to pay.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
Science of Learning, Reading and Writing Masterclass 2 (PD442)
Three speakers, six talks and one online course. We have selected three ‘non-negotiable’ principles that teachers will benefit from knowing. No matter where you are on your science of learning/science of reading journey, this course will help broaden and deepen your knowledge on some of the most important ideas in education.
Join us as we launch our first ever series of teaching and learning masterclasses. You then get to revisit the material in a dynamic online course where you can collaborate with others, consolidate your knowledge and take your time over the material.
Teaching the Alphabet and Handwriting Mini-Course (PD411)AUD $71.50 Add to cart
The IPA for Beginners Online (PD378)AUD $71.50 Add to cart
Language for Life Online Course (PD340)
This popular 8 hour professional development grammar workshop is for teachers, homeschool parents, psychologists, and speech therapists, and is aimed at teachers of children ages 9 and upwards.