Language Arts St Robert’s Newtown
We hope you will have a wonderful time and learn a lot about continuing to teach high quality literacy lessons after phonemic awareness and phonics are all taken care of.
By the end of the course you will have:
- a greater understanding of how we learn
- a clear picture of the Simple View of Reading
- a clear picture of the Simple View of Writing
- a working understanding of structured literacy
- tools to teach morphology
- tools to teach parts of speech
- tools to teach fluent, high quality writing
We have a dedicated Facebook page called Language Arts Community of Practice for all attendees. Join us here:
Throughout the course, International Phonetic Alphabet symbols have been used between slanted brackets to indicate phonemes.
/p/ (pig) /b/ (big)
/t/ (ten) /d/ (den)
/k/ (kill) /g/ (gill)
/f/ (fan) /v/ (van)
/θ/ (thin) /ð/ (that)
/s/ (sip) /z/ (zip)
/ʃ/ (ship) /ʒ/ (vision)
/t͡ʃ/ (chill) /d͡ʒ/ (Jill)
Letter names are indicated by symbols placed in side single guillemets: <a> to <z>.
Lyn has written three books on the subject of literacy and language, supported by online courses too. The links below will take you to each book.