Reading for Life Online
COURSE STRUCTURE AND CONTENT
There are ten sections in this course, with an additional “Where to next?” section at the end. Each of the ten sections has the following structure:
- video explainer (with duration in brackets, so you can pace yourself)
- pdf containing core principles within the section
- a quiz to revise and test your knowledge
- a forum to share ideas, write queries, post feedback and chat to our online community of practice
- optional resources for further reading (these are continually updated and added to and we happily take suggestions!)
In addition to the live forums on the course, we are also running a Facebook page and are tweeting about the book and course and all things relevant to high quality literacy instruction.
Hashtags: #ReadingForLife (the capitals at the beginning of each word help the vision-impaired) #DontLeaveReadingToChance, #CodeRead
The most significant completion criterion is your own perception that you’ve got the most out of it. We do ask, though, that you participate in some of the forums along the way. Of course, as course admins, we can see whether or not you’ve opened the pdfs and watched the videos too, so we wouldn’t be that enthusiastic about certifying anyone who hasn’t glanced at the material. We just hope that you do much more than glancing.
We’ve tried to give you as much information as possible, including videos, pdfs, worksheets, quizzes and best of all, forums in which you can collaborate with your colleagues and us to get the very best out of the material.