Spelling for Life Sample Course
Welcome! You have been enrolled on the Spelling for Life Online sample course.
Here, you will be able to get a good idea of the scope and format of this course so you can make an informed decision about whether it is right for your context.
Please enjoy this material and I look forward to welcoming you back on the course proper, should you decide to go ahead.
All the best,
Welcome to Spelling for Life!
We hope you will have a wonderful time and learn a lot about teaching the structure of English spelling.
There are five modules in the course proper, each containing several pages on a given topic.
Within those pages there is a theory section, a selection of videos to watch and a forum that contains a quiz, a question or a chance to interact.
You will see some samples of those pages when you scroll down below.
Spelling for Life has been around for a long time and has had many recordings made of the lessons within. The videos that you will see on this course are in three formats:
- Video explainers
- Recently recorded sessions with a live adult audience especially for this course
- An optional “Jim Jams” session, where, during lockdown, Lyn recorded some free live sessions in her pyjamas (Jim Jams) for kids around the world who had stopped going to school because of the COVID pandemic.
In the course proper, there are three downloadable files for participants to use during the course and to keep for future reference. They are:
- The course manual, containing lesson plans and example lessons
- The worksheet file for pre-printing and distributing to your students
- The Power Point presentation file to use when doing lessons
As time goes on, you will need the manual less and less, so we have separated the worksheets from the manual for easy reference.
In this sample, you can view, but not download, samples of the files above.
There are also some magnetic tiles in many of the videos. This is the link to where you can buy them.