Spelling for Life
By the end of the course you should:
- Be able to implement the full Spelling for Life course in a classroom, small group, or 1:1 setting
Welcome to Spelling for Life!
We hope you will have a wonderful time and learn a lot about teaching the structure of English spelling.
There are five modules in this course, each containing several pages on a given topic.
Within those pages there is a theory section, a selection of videos to watch and a forum that contains a quiz, a question or a chance to interact.
Spelling for Life has been around for a long time and has had many recordings made of the lessons within. The videos that you will see on this course are in three formats:
- Video explainers
- Recently recorded sessions with a live adult audience especially for this course
- An optional “Jim Jams” session, where, during lockdown, Lyn recorded some free live sessions in her pyjamas (Jim Jams) for kids around the world who had stopped going to school because of the COVID pandemic.
There are three downloadable files for you to use during the course and to keep for future reference. They are:
- Your course manual containing lesson plans and example lessons
- Your worksheet file for pre-printing and distributing to your students
- Your PowerPoint presentation file to use when doing your lessons
As time goes on, you will need the manual less and less, so we have separated the worksheets from the manual for easy reference.
There are also some magnetic tiles in many of the videos. This is the link to where you can buy them.