The Science of Learning, Reading and Writing Masterclasses: Term 1 2022
There are six sections in this course. Each of the six sections has the following structure:
- video recording (roughly 60 minutes)
- pdf handouts from speakers
- a quiz to revise and test your knowledge
- a forum to share ideas, write queries, post feedback and chat to our online community of practice
- optional resources for further reading (these are continually updated and added to and we happily take suggestions!)
- Ollie Lovell on cognitive load theory Part 1
- Ollie Lovell on cognitive load theory Part 2
- Lyn Stone on orthographic mapping Part 1
- Lyn Stone on orthographic mapping Part 2
- Lorraine Hammond on explicit instruction Part 1
- Lorraine Hammond on explicit instruction Part 2
Hashtags: #scienceoflearning #scienceofreading #structuredliteracy
Lyn has written three books on the subject of literacy and language, supported by online courses too. The links below will take you to each book.
We have also constructed a dedicated book page for this course. It contains books mentioned in the six talks.