Why is it that people struggle to read and write?
Why are there still so many vastly different methods of teaching literacy?
Why do people still argue about it?
The Reading for Life one day workshop for parents and teachers examines these three questions.
Together we will:
- Look at the definition of literacy
- Discover the story of the Reading Wars
- See what it really means to be dyslexic
- Experience examples of processing speed and working memory
- Explore some practical tools to boost reading and writing
- Parents on their advocacy journey
- Teachers who wish to extend their knowledge and refine their instruction
- Professionals involved in helping people reach their literacy goals
This hands-on workshop is designed to be accessible, understandable and practical. It is filled with take-home messages of positivity and usefulness, and reveals a wealth of resources worldwide to suit all levels of inquiry into this topic.
$145 per person
Discounted paperback copies of Reading for Life ($30, RRP $35-$40)
Morning tea and lunch.
We are happy to accommodate school purchase orders. Just drop us an email and we’ll raise an invoice for you. Your place will be reserved the moment we hear from you.
Balga Primary School, 11 Fernhurst Crescent, Balga 6061 Western Australia