Language for Life Segments: Adjectives – Online course (PD434)
Every time I do a Language for Life workshop, I can’t help wishing we had more time. The parts of speech are so interesting, so dynamic, I feel like we’re only scratching the surface sometimes. So I took some time once a week to record a live webinar and used that footage to create some in-depth mini-courses. This mini-course is about adjectives. There are many fascinating facts about adjectives that native speakers know unconsciously. Adjectives can be divided into several different classes according to their behaviour and position in a sentence. Additionally to simply being called ‘describing words’, adjectives are used to modify nouns as shown in the fact list below. This list is intended for your knowledge as a teacher. It can also be used in lessons, should you wish to study adjectives in greater detail. Note: Prices are inclusive of 10% Goods and Services Tax (GST) for all Australian residents.
The purpose of these mini-courses:To assist in making grammar teaching interesting and useful by:
- analysing the syntactic elements of our language and its conventions
- defining and expanding our definition of each word class
- showing how words interact with one another to form grammatical utterances
- dispelling certain myths about grammar
- This course: adjectives
Target audience:Educators wishing to gain a deeper and broader understanding of grammar as it relates to identifying and categorising the parts of speech. If you have the Language for Life book or have done the Language for Life course, you will be somewhat familiar with this material, but it goes into each part of speech in a way previously not presented. There will also be plenty of opportunity for questions and answers. You will receive:
- Six weeks access to an asynchronous online course
- A digital handout containing everything you need to understand and teach this particular word category
- The recording of the live webinar, edited and polished so you can watch and rewatch the footage
- A real-time forum where you can ask questions and interact with others on the course, moderated by Lyn Stone
Remaining live events:January 12, 2022: Adverbs January 19, 2022: Prepositions January 26, 2022: Conjunctions The recordings will be placed on your courses one week afterwards as advertised. 90 minutes every Wednesday this southern hemisphere summer, northern hemisphere winter. We’ll turn these workshops into mini-courses. All who sign up for the live workshops will be placed on the mini-courses afterwards for 6 weeks of access to the recordings and other resources. So you can sign up, come and join us live, or if you miss it, you can just take the course in your own time. You can even do both!
If Paying by Invoice
Please choose the invoice option and we will send you an invoice. To ensure your place, you will have seven days from invoice date to pay.