Her job is to use research, evidence and linguistics to produce programs, methods and texts for students, teachers and educators worldwide.
Lyn gained her linguistics degree at University College London and worked in a variety of speech and language settings in Australia since graduating in 1994.
She began work at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes in Sydney as a clinician and rose to the rank of mentor whilst qualifying as a practitioner and trainer in:
- Visualizing and Verbalizing
- On Cloud Nine for Math
- The Lindamood Phoneme Sequencing Program
- Seeing Stars
Lyn then went on to work at the Speech, Language and Literacy Centre in Sydney and qualified as a Spalding practitioner. She is also trained in Makaton, Auslan, Read Write Inc., Little Learners Love Literacy, Explicit Direct Instruction and Sounds-Write.
Lyn has been in private practice since 1998 and has continued to train and mentor teachers whilst developing her linguistics-led learning programmes.
- Her first book, Spelling for Life – Uncovering the Simplicity and Science of Spelling was released worldwide by Routledge Education in 2013.
- Her second book, Language for Life – Where Linguistics Meets Teaching was released in 2015.
- Her third book, Reading for Life: High quality literacy instruction for all, was released in December 2018 and is already making waves worldwide.
These are her books: