Lyn Stone will be touring the USA and Canada around the time of The Reading League’s annual conference in Syracuse from Oct 3-Oct 20.
Plans are to speak in Toronto, New Brunswick, Winnipeg, Calgary and Vancouver, and to bring a mix of Spelling, Language, Reading and Writing for Life.
Dates are not firm as yet, but keep checking back here for updates as we get them.
Seeking expressions of interest from host schools who would like to provide a venue in return for 5 free places.
WHAT WE ARE SEEKING:
- A venue that can hold up to 50 people sitting comfortably at desks and facing the front
- A/V facilities so that the presentation can be projected visibly for all guests
- A high quality lapel-mounted microphone and speakers
- Knowledge of and liaison with a local caterer for morning tea and lunch (we will pay for the food of course)
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING IN RETURN:
- 5 free places at the workshop/s for your staff (RRP CAD$1875)
- A set of Lyn’s three flagship books per school: Spelling for Life, Reading for Life and Language for Life
Interested? Let us know where you are and which dates between Mon October 9 and Wednesday October 16 might be good for you. We will begin in Toronto on Oct 9 and work our way over to Vancouver, so if you are in between, and estimate that there will be sufficient interest in your area, let us know!
We will be offering Spelling for Life, Reading for Life, Language for Life and Writing for Life live one-day workshops. Your preference is our command.
We will be finalising school venues before the summer break, so please do get in touch soon if you think you might want in on this!
We are also taking some limited expressions of interest from schools who would like to book Lyn for on-site visits. Lyn can do observation, feedback (very kindly and non-threatening!), demonstration lessons and bespoke training for school populations.
Talk to us if you think you might like an in-service from one of the most sought after literacy coaches in the world.