POSTPONED DUE TO COVID UNCERTAINTY
DATE – Friday July 23, 2021 9-3:30
VENUE – Albury Manor House Pty Ltd
593 Young Street, Albury NSW 2640
COST – $330 + GST (incl. tea, coffee, biscuits, morning tea & lunch)
Spelling for Life is a highly acclaimed, internationally recognised teaching and learning program, suitable for teachers of middle primary children. Those in special education, speech pathology, homeschooling and educational psychology are often keen participants too.
This face to face course is intended to deliver 5.5 hours of high quality professional development on the structure of the English writing system, going from single letters to morphemes in a sequence of explicit lessons.
- receive a re-useable book of worksheets for direct classroom application
- receive a printed manual
- receive a suggested spelling and handwriting scope and sequence from F-6
- receive a certificate of completion for 5.5 hours of PD
- have the opportunity to purchase discounted copies of Lyn Stone’s books
3 modules containing information on:
- Orthographic mapping
- Extended code instruction
- English spelling rules and conventions
- High impact spelling practice that goes beyond weekly lists and tests
One thing to note:
Due to this being a one-day event, topics are carefully chosen with time constraints in mind. This is not a carbon copy of the online course, which, due to its self-paced nature, contains more topics and information. Both are good to do.
Please consider your purchase of this ticket very carefully. As we all know, there are circumstances during this pandemic that could change our travel plans beyond our ability to control them. Due to spacing regulations, we have to place limits on how many people can attend our events and we have to hire larger venues. This pushes up the price of tickets, unfortunately.
All sales are final. If COVID prevents us from travelling, two things will happen:
- We will offer you a place in a future face to face workshop.
- Should this not be suitable, we will convert your purchase to a credit voucher, with which you can buy any courses and materials on our website. We do not stock our own books, so your credit will not apply to those.
.gov.au email addresses
We have been informed that some email address with .gov.au or .edu.au in them are automatically blocking our encrypted email software. We use this software to securely send reminder notices and promotional material to subscribers. If you have one of those email addresses and do not hear from us within 30 days of placing your order, the chances are, your software is blocking us. Please take the following steps to ensure smooth communication from us:
Inform your IT manager that you wish to receive emails from us and ask them to place us on your system’s whitelist.
If this is not possible, please contact us with an alternative email address.
Whole school bespoke courses
Thinking of sending 12 people? Why not book Lyn to come to you for a tailor-made session at your own school? Lyn will be available on the days prior to and after these workshops for school consultation. Please contact us for more details.