Five session mentoring package with Lyn Stone
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN
Please bear in mind that we cannot commit to sessions more than two weeks in advance, so if you buy this package in March and want a session in November, we will not be able to guarantee that Lyn will have availability.
Once purchased, these sessions are valid for 12 months from date of sale, so if you buy this package on March 17th 2021, it will expire on March 17th 2022. No refunds will be given once your sessions have expired, even if you haven’t used them all.
Whether you’re a sole practitioner with your own tutoring business, or a teacher wanting to do your best for your students, there are times when you might need an objective view.
Booking a mentoring session with Lyn Stone could be just the help you need to get your ideas in order and your resources lined up.
How it works:
- Use this order form to securely purchase a session.
- Indicate in the notes some preferred days and times in the coming fortnight.
- Our office manager will try to book you in for one of those times, but failing that, will offer some alternatives.
- We will send you a Zoom link once a time has been agreed upon.
To make things run smoothly:
- Have an agenda: Write down all your questions first and put them in order of priority.
- If you have questions about specific students, Lyn can’t do much answering without case history, standardised spelling and reading scores, and seeing their (unedited) writing, so if that’s what you want her to spend time on, do have those things at the ready. Lyn cannot pre-read this information in her own time. The time you booked is the time that Lyn is available to look this information through.
- If you have questions about texts and resources, please specify these at time of booking. Lyn can only comment on resources she has or is trained in.
Some details about sessions:
- Mentoring sessions last for 60 minutes. Lyn will not be able to pre-read anything prior to the session. Lyn will not be able to follow up once the session has ended. The time you book is the time Lyn can work on your project.
- If you are late for the session or forget to attend, your booking will still be forfeited. You will not be entitled to a refund under any circumstances, so please book carefully and set reminders.
- In the last ten minutes of the session, Lyn will start to wind things up by summarising what you have spoken about and will send any links or documents that have arisen in the session that might be helpful. When the 60th minute has arrived, Lyn will log out of the session.
- The link to single sessions is here.
Looking forward to talking with you soon!
Language for Life Segments: Prepositions – Jan 19 2022 (PD436)
Every time I do a Language for Life workshop, I can’t help wishing we had more time. The parts of speech are so interesting, so dynamic, I feel like we’re only scratching the surface sometimes.
So let’s split each major word category into seven segments: